Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blog Surprises

Blogging has been a wonderful new experience in my life this year. I wrote daily for months and that brought it's own wonder. My new job gives me little time to write blog post. With only one or two posts a week, I am being surprised by your faithful reading and your great responses.

Your comments to my sudden anger last week were great learning opportunities for me. In my Christian journey I have felt at times some of my temptations and trials were mine alone. Blogging blesses me with your responses showing me I am not alone.

Anger.................................................





Anger has baffled me much of my life. My folks had some serious issues and anger was never understood in a healthy way. So, as a little girl I must have felt that it was uncontrollable. I must have concluded that the only way I could live well and please God was to never get angry.

I study the Bible daily because I love the Word and also in obedience to the Lord's command to "eat of the Bread of Life" daily. I dig deep into the Bible for my life answers. My attempt to suppress anger due to my fear of my misuse of anger runs counter to the wisdom in the Bible regarding anger.

Thrive Christians will focus on Christians and anger for a few posts. I sense in myself and in your comments that we are needing to "know" how God desires us to use His gift of anger.

As I listen and look at the world around me I wonder if sex would be the no. 1 marketing approach to sell any and every thing if Christians knew how to use anger. Would marriages be healthier if Christians knew God's design for spouses' anger? Parenting would empower children to their destiny if mothers and fathers operated in healthy anger and discipline as they oversee their children....maybe? Business managers could lead employees to execute greatness if they knew how to use anger or frustration on unmet goals and needs...maybe?

Could the confusion of God's purpose in placing anger emotions within us be a piece of the answer why our culture has eroded so far from God's ideal for us?

I'm studying many great writers' viewpoints on anger. You have this forum to express your thoughts and layout your questions on anger. Please keep the comments coming.


Anger: what is the good of it?
There has to be good because God never designs anything unless it is good.

Surprise me again............please.

What do you say about anger?

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.