Saturday, December 6, 2008

Unshakeable Peace


"Jesus of Nazareth, the Prince of Peace, is the only One who can give us unshakable peace in a world of turmoil. As someone said, "There will never be peace in the individual heart or at the peace tables of the world until the Prince of Peace reigns supreme in the hearts of men." Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"(John 14:27). He also said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"(Matthew 11:28)." http://www.ccci.org series: Jesus & The Intellectual by Bill Bright




Today I'm continuing the theme of "Peace" here at Thrive Christians. The chaos must be addressed if anyone or anything is to thrive. Jesus Christ came to speak to our chaos so that we can thrive in peace: emotionally, physically, and spiritually. On October 22nd (post title: One Word Describing Jesus Christ) I discussed that one word could well describe Jesus: "Relaxed." When I think of strong Christians living utterly surrendered to the Lord in all things I see that they are calm and relaxed no matter what is breaking out around or in them.

Anxiety, worry, and frustration are nipping at our heels as an economy takes a major shift in our lives. When our money gets attacked our entire lives are affected: where we may live, drive, eat, and where our children will attend school, etc. Seeking God's peace is the hope that will not disappoint us: no matter what!!!


Blogging is giving me one wonderful delight: spotlighting my favorite Christian saints. The late Dr. Bill Bright is an author whose books and articles I choose to read often because his humility and insight into living In Christ strengthens my faith and helps me stay focused on the call of God on my life. So...let me close with his writings on the peace Jesus brings here on earth.


"Everyone experiences difficulties. The Christian is not exempt. Becoming a Christian does not mean that we will suddenly be ushered into a utopian situation, but rather that we have One with us who said, "Lo, I am with you all the days - perpetually, uniformly and on every occasion - to the (very) close and consummation of the age. I will never leave you, nor forsake you. My peace I give you"(Matthew 28:20, Amplified)."

"What kind of peace does He give those who trust in Him? It is a quiet confidence that, since our sovereign, loving, all-powerful God is in control, we have nothing to fear. Jesus gives us peace with God through the forgiveness of sin. He provides peace of mind through an unhindered relationship with Him. He shows us how to have peace with man by teaching us how to love others."


"When He is in control, no situation, heartache or sorrow can ever disturb that peace.
Tragedy, heartache and sorrow will come into your life, but Christ, the Prince of Peace, waits to sit upon the throne of your life to give you His pardon, His purpose and His peace."


Is the Prince of Peace sitting upon the throne of your life?

1 comment:

sailorcross said...

Oh, now you're going to make me cry!! It's okay, though, I went for YEARS without crying--all these emotions bottled up in me. I think I forgot how to cry. Now, just at the thought of what Jesus has done for me--tears, tears, tears!!

My Prince of Peace--He carries me through every day of my life--right there with me, guiding me and holding me.

Where would I be without Him? Probably not here--writing to you!! He has truly brought me from the depths of the miry clay into His place of peace and contentment.

I don't have much material-wise, and that is fine with me. I have what I need--what He has provided for me.

The most important thing that I do have is HIS PEACE!!

Beth

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.