Thursday, June 26, 2008

Relentless Mercy


Today a friend frantically phoned me because she hit this blog and nothing was new. Wow! Somebody is reading even when there are no comments. She actually missed having a word from the blog.


I'm not a confident writer. I love to weave words that bless others, but it is not easy for me. Recently I went to the She Speaks writer/speaker conference and I did not have time to write new blog posts. Thanks to this friend I am writing several articles ahead of time. If there is only one reader I want God to bless them with fresh words.


So today may we focus on thriving in mercy:
Mercy is the dearest word in my vocabulary this year. I have witnessed God's mercy in more ways than I can count. I just came through some tough problems dealing with legal matters in settling my husband's estate.


Yesterday I it took 2 hours of phone calls trying to secure a car title. I was shuffled from one department to the next in a national banking clearing house. I became so frustrated dealing with the recordings and the automated process that finally I just held zero until the automated system figured out I wasn't going to play any more.


I wasn't nice, merciful or smart. I finally blurted out to the 7th stranger, "If I were not a Christian I could go to cussin'." This woman, thousands of miles away, was not impressed or threatened. I broke down and told her how frustrated I was and apologized. She was merciful and she gave me all the contact names and numbers I needed.


I told her out of everyone I had heard and talked with she gave me solutions and I was so grateful. I ended up telling her I could not imagine how difficult it must be to work in the deceased department. It was obvious she appreciated being acknowledged.


Today I have the car title and the problem is resolved. I'm regretful I couldn't hold it together and be the lady I desire to be at all times. But I am so grateful to God and "Claudia" in the deceased department of one of the world's largest banking institutions that I received mercy I didn't deserve. Claudia sobered me up to reality. But she went far beyond her duties to completely solve my dilemma. She went far beyond her job description to help me. She went far beyond a natural response to my initial dialogue. Out of her mercy she blessed me.


Oh, I hope I hold Claudia in my heart forever when someone has an attitude with me. May I realize that the angry attitude isn't personal to me, but this person may have been through some difficult times and I just ended up being their next encounter. May I hold onto Claudia's mercy to me, so that I may be relentlessly merciful to others.














=

1 comment:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh Kay, it is so hard to be nice to people who keep passing us along in life. Even if they are complete strangers! I love how you turned this around though, you got your focus and it helped keep things in perspective!!

and ps- I think you are a great writer! very funny!!

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.