Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quiet day, but still thriving

Today is a quiet day spent at home alone. I'm the live wire loving having people all around me. It is good for me to be still and have time to reflect on deep things in God. I sense I need to do the routine unexciting necessities quietly.

Thriving is discovering that elusive "balance" in life. Having enough of the quiet and the lively.

I recall a favorite pastor telling me God will usually call you to work that pushes you to what is uncomfortable. He told of one Christian college friend who was uncomfortable speaking to groups and speaking to crowds of people. God called him to preach and manage large churches. Then he recalled the fellow who loved action, people and something going on all the time. You guessed it, he was called to a quiet position of writing (mostly alone), and much time in research in libraries.

Relying on God and believing He is directing my steps on this path I am rejoicing whether I'm up to that activity that suits my "bent" or if I am pressing through the things that stretch me.

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.