Friday, May 29, 2009

Ordinary to Extraordinary

A true friend is such a treasure. In the last 2 days I've connected with 2 dear friends each day. Each of them had a trial they were working through but as we "played" the day away wonderful life came into both of us.





Somehow it was the leading of the Holy Spirit that led me to invite them to join me in my process of catching my breath and relaxing after a hard three months of intense work. Each of them has been battling more serious challenges than my hard work schedule, but on each day we two women were blessed by one another's presence, listening, laughter and sometimes tears.


Oh, shall I ever learn that God works in His children in ways we never fully understand....He just calls us to listen and obey His callings. When we do, He will use the most ordinary parts of life to do extraordinary wonderful things in our lives.





Rest in the Lord always.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Kay, I"m just thrilled to hear about your good get together. God loves his children so much,doesn't he? So glad you were refreshed!

God's girl said...

Amen!!!
Much love,
Angela

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.