Sunday, May 17, 2009

BIG Things Crowd Out the MAIN Thing

Rush....Pressure....Deadlines....Important Matters: all of these can crowd out the most important part of living: respecting those around us. This new job has me back in the place of responsibility and pressure. Long ago the Lord showed me everyone is significant to Him; so they are to me. I've been living with this truth in my heart for a long time; so it comes natural to me.


But we don't live in a time where my philosophy of respect is commonplace. In the workplace, church ministry, or family projects the challenge to always be respectful becomes great as the pressure from time and resources tightens. BUT that is the place where the sacrifice of self needs lays down the opportunity for great things in relationships to occur.

Jesus shows us over and over in the Bible what to do when the pressure rises: He laid down everything for His friends and all of us who would receive Him as Savior and Lord of our lives.

In John 15:13 He said, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

I'd love to hear what you say on giving respect and honor to others when the pressue is on.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

We def need to honor and respect those around us, especially those in authority over us. It all starts with honoring the Lord and the rest will trickle down. I have read some of the book called "Honor's Reward" by uh, can't think of it right now, but if you are interested leave me a message and I will look it up. It really opened my eyes to areas that I need to be honoring those around me. Great message today! Thank you! I don't believe we can hear enough of this.

Love in Him,
Nicole

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I guess because of my age (older) I tend to respect those deserving respect even during periods of pressure. I try to respect everyone just because I know God loved them so much He died for them. Sometimes I'm sure I fail though.

You can sure throw out some deep subjects for us to think about Kay! :)

God bless!

Marilyn

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.