Sunday, March 8, 2009

Only Believe

ONLY BELIEVE... are my words for everyone on everything after my last two days.

On Friday I ministered to some people who were in great pain. Hope was fading away from them. With each one I felt I had to ask them what was the one thing God asks of us: Only believe. Each one broke down in their concerns and admitted they didn't feel it ... we agreed our faith of belief goes beyond our emotions of feelings.

Yesterday I traveled to Atlanta to meet with a writing group. A new member read a poem she had been commissioned to write titled: "Only Believe." In her beautiful rhythm she crafted words that transcended feelings or doom and the conclusion was "Only Believe."

I love IKEA, so I made sure I had enough time to have my fun time in that fabulous store before heading back on the two hour trip home. I'm digging through the "As Is" section when I notice a man praying for a woman in a wheel chair. I silently prayed without bringing any attention to myself. We ended up in line together at the checkout. I mentioned seeing him praying and we celebrated our Christianity. He spent those minutes glowing on how God is showing him that all is well if we "only believe."

So today........to all of you, I have two words:

Only Believe

3 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Kay
((Hugz))) What a beautiful journey of encouragement you had. You are such a blessing to me and to those whom you minister to. Thank you for being such an obedient servant of the Lord. I know he is pleased with you his faithful daughter.

Hugz Lorie

Laura Capell said...

So many times I have felt like the only belief I could hold onto was a single frayed hair thin thread. Other times I wasn't sure I had even that. It's times like these where we soooooo desperately need other Christians to surround us, come up under us and encourage us...sometimes even believe for our belief! You are an amazing encourager and God uses you so many times when you aren't even aware. Thank you!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Kay, I love how the Lord reinforced His ideas through different people you came in contact with! "Only Believe"....two small words filled with BIG HOPE!

Love ya,
Marilyn

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.