Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No Need For Fanfare Saints

Beth of http://wwwthepowerofyourlove.blogspot.com/ expressed her heart on identifying the true mature Christians. She wrote:

Hmmmm....maturity. Do we ever reach the full state of maturity? I'm thinking that I'll never be fully mature--that I'm always learning and growing. But,you are so right. Sometimes things and people are not as they portray themselves to be.

Maturity (just my own thinking) can be seen in the person's face and demeanor. Are they calm during a storm, relying on Jesus to take the rudder of the boat during this storm? Is true joy reflected in their lives,their attitude, their daily work (yes, even the laundry can be joyful--I used to totally dislike this until I realized--be thankful that you have clothing to wash and a washer and dryer to use--some don't!).

Always a learning and growing process, but I can imagine that dealing with the prison population, they can sort out a "phony" quite easily.

Yes, Beth, you can tell the true Christian by his or her willingness to work in the shadows with no recognition doing the work God calls them to do. Pouting and sulking because "nobody gives me enough honor and notice" will never come on the lips of disciples of Jesus Christ. Imagine Him tying a humble apron/towel around His waist; then bending over to wash the dirty, dusty feet of the disciples after they had travelled the rocky dirt roads.

Oh, Beth, I agree the joy-filled, peaceful, working saint will always show beautiful maturity wherever they show up.

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.