Sunday, February 15, 2009

Innovative Saints Thrive

"In the beginning God created..." God is the Creator of all. He inspires extraordinary innovation in us, His children, to live life at its best. Today is a continuation from yesterday's post: FIRM in God overcomes FUD in the world. FIRM: F-Flexibiity; I-InnovationR-Robustness; M-Maturity......FUD: F-fear; U-uncertainty; D-doubt.

FIRM in God overtakes FUD in the world!!!

In my daily devotion by Oswald Chambers this past week he reminded me of Isaiah 26:3 'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose imagination is stayed on Thee." Chambers calls us to celebrate our imaginations and to be certain they are not starving. "The starvation of the imagination is one of the most fruitful sources of exhaustion and sapping in a worker's life."*

I've heard many Christian messages warning me to watch out for dangers of my imagination. Yes, I need to be mindful where I place my mind, but innovation to survive and thrive lie in my God-given imagination. Chambers continues, "If you have never used your imagination to put yourself before God, begin to do it now. It is no use waiting for God to come; you must put your imagination away from the face of idols and look unto Him and be saved. Imagination is the greatest gift God has given us and it ought to be devoted entirely to Him."*


All this peanut butter scare grieves me in many ways. What disappointment of the misuse of great Godly innovation. I cannot imagine the level of laziness and greed that drove the peanut processing factory CEO to demand products be sold knowing there were tests showing active deadly bacteria in the products. Deaths keep mounting and this entire industry is being impacted as the world avoids eating peanut products. The heavenly innovation that developed those products triggers part of my grief. From childhood I have been fascinated with George Washington Carver. In a severe depression and food shortages Carver would worship God with his scientific educated mind. Most scientists head into their laboratories with data to prove. Carter began each day with a blank sheet of paper, waiting for God to give him Heaven's innovations. Those heaven sent ideas set the agenda for the day's experiments. He prayed not for himself, but for the struggling farmers and the hungry people.

Supernaturally God gave Carver innovations with the simple peanut that possibly saved this nation's agricultural industry as well as helping other countries with land use and food development throughout the world.

We're back in a place of extreme need in this nation. May we all give our minds and imaginations totally to our loving Heavenly Father. May we come to Him with a clean slate and pray to receive Heaven's innovation!!!

I'd love to hear what innovations are helping you thrive.

*Devotions for Morning and Evening with Oswald Chambers, Inspirational Press, NY, NY; February 11 morning reading.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Innovations - how about the internet!?!? It's amazing.

Red Letter Believers said...

I love the idea of unleasing our imaginations once again.

"God , work through this mind you have given me!"

david

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.