Monday, February 16, 2009

F.I.R.M. in God - Robust Christians

Robust Christian living: Don't miss it. Jesus Christ paid the full cost; wouldn't it be a shame to miss it by misappropriation?

Today is a continuation of messages on being F.I.R.M (flexible, innovative, robust, and mature) to overcome the world's F.U.D. (fear, uncertainty, and doubt). In post: Flexible Saints Make it Through The Storms you can read the rest of the story; followed by Innovative Saints Thrive.

Today's post hits my passion to live robustly in Christ. I imagine anything less cheapens all God has provided for me. The world woos me to be cool and nonchalant. Pain (a million versions of pain) pokes holes in my life balloon. These leaks sap me of my strength to live robustly.

But God says....The Bible shows me that when Jesus was here on this earth, He said that He came to give me “abundant life”, John 10:10. He tells me that when I trust Him, I will be like an artesian well. My life will literally gush with the overflow of His work within me, John 4:14.

I read a story of two mountain villages. Water came to one village from a mountain spring. During the hot, dry summer months that spring would dwindle down until there was barely a trickle of water coming into that little village. Life was threatened every year as the water dried up.

The other village had a fountain in its center. A never ending flow of gushing, clean clear water gurgled up in to quench the villagers thirst. Their life was continually robust no matter how hot or dry the weather became. This village's water source was this artesian well that was not dependent on rainfall. This village met the needs of its people and had enough supply to help out neighboring villages.



I remember life before I was in close committed relationship with Jesus Christ. Before God was my everything, I lived a life that was like a dwindling, trickling little stream that barely gave evidence of its existence. All adverse weather or happenings could dry up my source of robust abundant life. But now, living in Christ, God gives me an overflowing source of spiritual blessings of the redeemed: peace, joy and power.



The great Christian writer, C.S. Lewis wrote that we live with heaven in our minds always, "living as commandos operating behind the enemy lines, preparing the way for the coming of the Commander-in-Chief."



Robust Christian Living in 2009:



"What is Your Attitude?Are you focused on this world?



Are you attached to it, or do you have a sense of the fact that you are only passing through, heading for an eternal home?



I love saints sharing how they live robust lives. Please join in.




3 comments:

Dorothy Champagne said...

Kay, I'd like to say that I have that well - the daily time spent in prayer keeps the water flowing. You had a made a comment on my blog about prayer and following up with the people you pray for. As simple as that was, I hadn't thought about. What a blessing when the simple question of "how are you" becomes the miracle of seeing how God worked in this persons life all because I asked. Thank you!

Kelly said...

I struggle between this world & God's. Sometimes I can get so attracted to unimportant things. Other times I'm so tired of this world I just think "Come Lord Jesus." It's a tight rope - in the world, but not of the world. We need to be the light in the darkness, without becoming enveloped by the darkness.

But robust - I am. I am so pumped up for God. I love that Guy!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.