Friday, February 6, 2009

Fun Friday: Weight Loss Breakthrough

Folks I need a laugh. This has been a week full of life: good, bad and ugly. I can handle some rip roaring laughter.

My junk mail has begun to include some beautiful tropical island resort pictures luring me to relax in an ocean breeze beach paradise. The minute I think of sea breeze and sand I get an image of the ever flowing ripples of cellulite on my thighs. Bathing suit blues is hitting me again. This year I've gained enough weight I can help out the waiters. There's no need to place a snack table by my lounge chair. I've grown my own ice tea ledge around my middle. When I sit down I can house a book and glass right in front of me for ultimate convenience.




Well my friend Laura sent me this little wonder this week:




I grabbed my weight scale and tried this out immediately. It has helped me achieve one of my 2009 goals:

lower the weight number on the scale. But somebody has to come by here and help me get these darn scales off my feet. Please help me get up off the floor. All the blood has left my feet and legs and I'm a mess!!!


Delight in the Lord and Live in His Joy!!! Astonish the world how alive you are in the winter of 09!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL! I love it. sorry you've had a tough week. Me too. Praying next week will be better for both of us!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

You are a mess girl!! =) Cracking up with you!! Did you know that laughter burns mucho calories??!!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Stress will really put on the pounds! I know from experience! I'm currently involved in Weight Watchers and have lost about 8 pounds since the first of the year! I can already tell it is making me feel better. But it's sure a struggle because I had gotten in the habit of eating any and everything that I wanted and not caring!

Love the pic of the new way to weigh! ha

Hope you have a restful weekend!

Marilyn

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.