Monday, December 1, 2008

Never Lose One Moment of Time


5. Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can. Jonathan Edwards hit me where it hurts with this resolution. Time is precious and I've wasted far too much of it. One of my wasters is "later." I've lost many moments due to procrastination. In fact, I have a plan and web address for a blog on procrastination. You guessed it; I've put it off for several months trying to get the setup just right.

Continuing on with Jonathan Edwards' resolutions his no. 6 is right on target for Thrive Christians: 6. Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.
My hope here is to encourage myself and you readers to live with all God has provided for us to have an abundant thriving life as promised in the Bible. I have seen so many people give up on life and they're the walking nearly dead. Life is a gift and I agree with Edwards, I choose and resolve to live "with all my might....while I do live!!!"

Finally Edwards revs up the motivation to live fully. He states:
7. Resolved, never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life.

As many of you know if you drop by here often my husband of many years suddenly became ill this spring, and died within a month after his diagnosis. I remember him making life-choices when we thought we might have several years of life left. His eye to heaven and pleasing God was much more profound than at any other time in his life. Edwards is right; we will all make different decisions if we see this could be our last hour.


Do you treat time as a precious commodity?
Are you fully alive; appreciating life itself?
Would you make different choices if you saw this moment as one of your last?

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.