Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for many things today, but let me zone in on blogging. I am amazed at the joy and fulfillment blogging has given my life. I love sharing my thoughts and experiences here on Thriving Christians; but reading others' blogs and having them take the time to read and comment on my blog is wonderful.
So to one of my dear blogging friends, Beth at Power of your Love ; I will complete a questionaire from a blog tag she sent me. Beth has a heart as tender and loving as I have ever seen. Delight yourself and go to her blog.
The tag quesionaire: 6 random things about Kay that you probably didn't know before:
1. I love adventure and I always wanted to be a detective chasing down the guys hurting vulnerable folks and messing up peaceful living. That's kind of funny, because now I am working with prison ministry helping the offenders get their life back through the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. I never meant to marry. My mom and dad had a tragic, destructive marriage and I saw my mother as so much more than I saw myself; so I assumed I could not have a strong marriage. God had different ideas and when I met my husband we fell in love so deeply that living a day without him was worse than my fears of marriage. We had a real marriage with many issues, but through God we made it 43 1/2 years with true love at the point of his death with his hands clinging to me as he breathed his last breath.
3. I had difficulty getting pregnant and when my precious daughter was a reality within me I was euphorically happy. To be mother to her and our son is one of the most fulfilling parts of my existence and I believe she is the greatest woman and he is the greatest man on earth. Now, that could be overstating things, but don't mess with me...I am their MOTHER!!!
4. I have a call of writing on my heart, but I struggle with the process. Rarely do I believe the written words express my true thoughts and heart cries. I'm believing I will one day "write" as Holy Spirit directs and His words will come through.
5. People need to laugh in this harsh changing time. I am hoping to start up a comedy troupe with a few of my proteges. We all need some extra money and I am believing as silly as all of us can be at times we are the ones to bring a little laughing rx for a fee to a world that must laugh to survive.
6. I have an "A" thing as far as places I've always wanted to visit: Alaska, Australia, and Arizona.
In blogging tagging goes on and on. So here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself.
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
My math is poor...I couldn't decide who to pick; ya'll are all tagged: