Thursday, October 30, 2008

One Word One Hour




On Tuesday (One Word) I wrote the power of one Word from God to guide my life. I shared with a frustrated friend how I prayed for direction and all that came to me in prayer was "Write." We prayed together on the phone and she knew what her one Word had been there all along. In Tuesday's post I asked you bloggers to pray for your Word. Thanks for your comments....they are still coming, and I'm loving hearing from you.

I didn't mention Tuesday that I also shared with my friend that I have faithfully invested one hour a day to research, study and/or write since God gave me that word. I'm a right brain impulsive type by nature. The discipline of writing for one hour with my one word focus is opening up new levels of creativity for me. I hate to admit it, but I'm the one who loves to get enthusiasticallly "inspired." Once I have that "inspiration" my tunnel vision kicks in. My desire is to shut out everything else and feverishly produce my "masterpiece" in heroic fashion.

The power of one hour focused on one word has been amazing to my jumping rabbit self. Surely this is the old fairy tale wisdom of the turtle and the hare operating. The Bible calls us to disciplined diligence from beginning to end. The faithful patient follower of God reaps Heaven's blessing.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord

Last night that friend called and she was breathless in excitement on what God has done in two days. With her focus on her one word she has gone to the library for research and writing for one concentrated hour each day. "Ms. Kay, I wanted to keep on when the hour was finished. But I remembered you said to stop at one hour and begin again tomorrow. I have completed more on my new workbook in these two days than I have in a year."

So what's up with this? I'm not sure I know. Perhaps some of you folks can help me understand the wonder of one word/one hour discipline. I had shared with my friend that I am intensely organized with my "mining" when I research or write during my hour. I have files in my computer program that I file each item scrupulously so that I can find them easily later on.

Your insights through your comments bless me more than I can express. I'd love to hear from you on your opinion about discipline, inspiration, and living the thriving Christian life.



One Word

One Hour

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.