Friday, October 31, 2008

Fun Friday: Random Humor

Thrive Christians takes Fridays to encourage laughter. Loosen up and try a laugh; it cannot hurt you, and it might "life" you.



There's a dropout named Bobby and a super genius named Greg sitting on a bench waiting on a bus.
The genius gets bored, leans over to the dropout and says,

"Hey, I'll tell you what, I'll ask you a question and if you don't know the answer you have to give me five bucks. If you ask me a question and I don't know the answer I have to give you $50."

The dropout says, "Alright, man."

The genius asks the dropout, "What is the Pythagorian Theory?"

The dropout replies, "I don't know." and hands the genius five bucks.

"Okay," the dropout says, "What has three legs going up a hill and four legs going down?"

The genius thinks real hard and finally gives up. He hands the dropout 50 bucks then asks, "So, what is the answer?"

The dropout says, "I don't know." and hands the genius five bucks.

-----



Stock Market Humor

  • Helium was up.
  • Feathers were down.
  • Paper was stationary.
  • Knives were up sharply.
  • Pencils lost a few points.
  • Hiking equipment was trailing.
  • Elevators rose, while escalators continued a slow decline.
  • Light switches were off.
  • Mining equipment hit rock bottom.
  • Balloon prices were inflated.
  • Diapers remained unchanged.
  • Shipping lines stayed at an even keel.
  • Oil continued it’s slippery slide.
  • And batteries exploded in an attempt to recharge the market.

----

This has been a humdinger of a week in my life. I will find something funny at my garage sale tomorrow. I am placing my mind in position to laugh at any funny things that enter my world. No matter what... the choice of inviting laughter is mine. Please join me and decide to "see" "hear" and notice the funny things in your life....a merry heart may well be your Biblical solution and Rx.

























No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.