Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blogging Fun

Blogging Is So Much Fun!!!

No one could have ever convinced me that I would enjoy blogging on the world wide web a year ago. Yesterday I shared my fear that I had cast a dark shadow on the "Thrive Christians Blog" lately. You great bloggers lifted me back up to the joy of blogging in less than a day.


I know I'm conscious of being positive and full of hope because of my work on the inmate newsletter, Razor Wire. The pastor who heads up this ministry is insistent that we project hope and joy to these devastated Christians behind bars. I'm thankful of this daily reminder because I believe God has repeated words like joy, peace and hope throughout the Bible for us to be mindful that these are His attributes. Surely He means for us to demonstrate a positive attitude to others.


Thank you for dropping by. For you who took the time to comment; I especially thank you. I'm "lit" and feeling the warmth of God's love in each of you. I'm hanging onto my image of being a birthday candle in the Kingdom of God from yesterday's post. I love a party....yep, I think I've found my place in the Body of Christ I'm all fired up and looking to land in some gooey icing and light up the room!!!


Shine Jesus Shine....may we all be clean and ready for Your assignment. Let darkness give us a thrilling realization that You overcome darkness ...always. Wherever anyone is feeling lost in the darkness; may we offer a hand, a smile, and help in Your name.



Shine Jesus Shine

1 comment:

sailorcross said...

Kay,

I have found that during my "darkest" times is the time that God has made me more aware of Him, drawn me closer to Him through others, using these "trials" to actually encourage me on towards achieving His will and purpose for my life.

So, glad you're candle is lit and bright this morning!!

Beth

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.