Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life Unwasted

Showing Mercy is the way to live in Christ, a life unwasted.

Amber Riebe's song "Life Unwasted" gives us the way to life a life that matters.








Life Unwasted

A sweeter love

my heart had never tasted and

Along with Your forgiveness

Came the opportunity to

Live life un-wasted.

Now I'm living this life un-wasted and true.

I'll spend the rest of my life living un-wasted for You.

Life Unwasted by Amber Riebe


In its most fundamental sense, gentleness traces its deepest root to a thoroughly, theological word: "mercy."

The Bible has one word that expresses mercy beautifully: the Hebrew word hesed. This word expresses covenant loyalty, a love characterized by solid fidelity. No matter what people have done throughout the ages God faithfully loves His people.

When I think of God's mercy to me and mine, I can only think of being merciful to others. In this flow of love is the reward of life fulfilled; unwasted.

May we celebrate this sabbath and rejoice that we live lives unwasted!!!



No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.