Monday, June 30, 2008

Speak Clearly

Healthy loving relationships are key to my thriving in my Christian life. I find understanding what others say along with being understood is critical to the health of all my relationships. Little things matter. Sometimes the best response is, "What do you mean exactly?"

A group of men getting to know one another illustrates this well. www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh has this great story posted on their site.

"Defence Contractor"

My job is in the aerospace industry, and it's always been a challenge to explain what kind of work I do. At one gathering, I tried several unsuccessful attempted explanations before deciding to be as generic as possible.

When the subject came up while I was talking with a group of guys, I replied simply, "Defense contractor."The men nodded, and as the conversation went on, I silently declared victory to myself.


Then, one of them turned to me and asked, "So, what do you put up mainly? Chain-link?"

=================

Kay wonders....
I just know this has to be a group of southern men coming together...de fence. Buddy, you working in board fencing, bobwire or chain link? Good future in fencing.

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.