Saturday, September 5, 2009

Do You Know What You Want?

"She's easy to get along with," one of the electricians said to his buddy when I answered a question this morning in the kitchen redo.

"Oh, yeah because she knows what she wants. She's got a plan in writing that she is working from and she has already explored the possibilities before we arrived. Oh, if all our clients would do this for us and themselves," he declared.

He's right, on this kitchen, I've done my homework. I have a written sketched plan and when asked a question I'm quick to tell you what I want. But in other areas of my life I need to:
  • Do my homework
  • Explore with God my possibilities
  • As the Bible exhorts me: Write the vision and make it plain...Habakkuk 2:2
  • Destiny, ministry, life work and life investment....I need to know who I am, what I want and what I hear God wants
Good friend, do you know what you want?

Have you done your homework and put your vision in writing?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Kay what a poignant post! So simple, so true...so often not done. Thanks for the reminder.

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.