Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Honest Moment

The promised series on controllers will begin this week. I'm stalled in posting because I am struggling with writing this from my heart. Blogging has again surprised me with opening up parts of me that I didn't know existed until I began to respond to your comments.

Some of you have written to me offline with requests for more information on getting free from being a controller or being controlled by someone
else. This dialogue has touched my heart and my mind.

I sense I need to lay down some Biblical principles that lead me daily before we open up this serious discussion on living honestly in relationship without resorting to manipulation or deception.

My first giant step in this truth was in understanding Jesus words in John 5, "
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."

For years I pondered how divine Jesus would need to look to Father God for all His actions. But now I see in part that Jesus came fully God, fully human, to model life for us. As He lived He and Father God were one and did all things from Heaven's perspective and in Heavenly power with Holy Spirit working in and with them.

Why was this so key in my understanding of free living without manipulation? I don't look to my own resources in living now that I am in Christ. I live every minute looking to Jesus who is looking to Father God; on what needs to be done this moment. When I am clear on this focus I am not prey to giving into people pleasing; acting like savior wonder woman Kay; needing to prove my greatness; competitiveness of wanting to be best; fear of what others might do to me....on and on and on.

I am moved by Heaven's unction!!! My trust is in God. Only in understanding this one verse was I free to dare to live with openness, and manage living with all people; even those who operate out of fear, shame and bullying.

Recently our pastor has been preaching on strong healthy relationships. He has spent much time on teaching us how to establish boundaries in our living. He said, "A river is a healthy flowing
life giving body of water because it has banks that keep it contained. If the banks erode as in Hurricane Katrina; a river becomes a stagnate swamp without life giving strength."

Tomorrow I will post the first portion of the trap of trying to control and manipulate others in our lives. I'm pouring my heart out and I am being blessed by your response. Here on Thrive Christian Blog your input is key to God moving us to truth to His Thriving Life in Jesus Christ. Please speak up on this touchy subject....I need to learn from you.



3 comments:

Isabel said...

Thank you for changing your posting plans to see what He has laid before you to share!

Nicole said...

Thank you. Excited to see where the Lord takes us on this journey! The sentence that keeps coming to me is "bless your heart". I am praying that God will bless your heart and He will bless ours also through you his servant.

Nicole

Kelly said...

I love what your pastor said. Great visual. Will keep reading. Keep posting.

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.