Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Done! I've Had It....

Lately I hear a recurring word: "Done! I can't go on this way any more," is a lament I hear from spouses with a strained marriage, folks in debt and miserable people of all ages and situations. Working on a comedy skit for an upcoming performance of "A Time To Laugh," comedy troupe which I'm a member of, we decided to incorporate this phrase: "Done!" in each segment of our skit.


I've realized on my spiritual journey that breakthrough's come when I'm "Done!" with my own self efforts to rid myself of poor habits or attitudes. It seems merciful, gracious Holy God gives me all the room I need to spin myself empty. Then when I finally reach the end of
my strength/rope I cry out desperately for His help.

Bam!! It's like He was waiting on that pure humble submissive cry. In younger years I would beat myself up for using my own strength before crying out to God. As an older woman...hopefully a bit wiser; I see my end is God's beginning point. I wonder if working things out with my best human efforts may be necessary to know this truth, "
John 15:5 Jesus said "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me,
and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."


"Done!" on something significant in your life? God isn't surprised and He isn't disappointed in you or me for giving our best and coming up with zero. Throughout the Bible He shows men and women failing forward to come to know He is the only way to life that matters. When all we desire is to do all for His glory: all is well.

Done!!!



1 comment:

sailorcross said...

Oh, my!! Do you know how many times I've heard this one word just in this week alone??? It's like you are at my place of employment!!

That and "I've had enough!! I'm only one person!!"

Yes, the frustrations and stress are unbearable, and yesterday I even cried a little.

I now have a handle on it (within the stress and weariness) and feel peace about the entire situation.

Still waiting for direction as to whether this is the place I am to be. One friend advised me to "bloom where I am planted" until God directs me elsewhere. Trying to bloom among the weeds that are trying to strangle me!!

Beth

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.