Monday, April 20, 2009

Purpose to Stay In Christ No Matter What

Rush, minutes to think few and far between, BUT....I purpose in my heart to pull away and dwell on those things that are of God. I intentionally see myself In Christ. My work is at fever pitch pace. For a short while that will be o.k., and in times past I neglected my quiet devotional time with the Lord. But I'm older and wiser now. I may not eat leisurely, but I will make a way to have that time with the Lord.

Today I hit on this in one of my journals. This will frame my busy busy day. No matter what torpedoes fly past me I will purpose to frame my
mind and actions with this Word!

Galatians 5:22-23

NIV .................................The Message
Love............................... Affection for others
Joy .................................Exuberance about life
Peace .............................Serenity
Patience ........................Willingness to stick with things
Kindness ........................Compassion in the heart
Goodness .......................Basic holiness is in all things
& people
Faithfulness.................. Loyal commitments
Gentleness .....................No need to force my way
Self-Control ....................Able to direct energies wisely

"The sad reality is that most of us will not go forward until the pain of staying where we are is unbearable."

"O God, I thank You for Your grace and mercy in my life. If it were not for You, I would not even be aware of You or my need for Your transforming work deep beneath the surface of my life. Lord, give me the courage to be honest and to allow the Holy Spirit's power to invade all of who I am below the surface of my iceberg so that Jesus might be formed in me. Lord, help me to grasp how wide and long and high and deep the love of Christ is for me personally. In Jesus' name, amen."

page 21 Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero Thomas Nelson Inc.

Emotional Health is concerned with :

1. Name and recognize and manage my own feelings

2. Identify with and have active compassion for others

3. Initiate and maintain close and meaningful relationships with others

4. Break free from self-destructive patterns

5. Be aware of how my past impacts my present

6. Develop the capacity to express my thoughts and feelings clearly, both verbally and nonverbally

7. Respect and love others without having to change them

8. As for what I need, want or prefer with clarity, directly and respectfully

9. Accurately self assess my strengths, limits, and weaknesses and freely share them with others

10. Learn the capacity to resolve conflict maturely and negotiate solutions that consider the perspectives of others

11. Grieve well

12. Contemplative spirituality

13. Awake and surrender to God's love in any and every situation

14. Position myself to hear God and remember His presence in all I do

15. Commune with God, allowing Him to fully indwell the depth of my being

16. Practice silence, solitude, and a life of unceasing prayer

17. Rest attentively in the presence of God

18. Understand my earthly life as a journey of transformation toward ever increasing union with God

19. Finding the true essence of who I am in God

20. Loving others out of a life of love for God

21. Develop a balanced harmonious rhythm of life that enables me to be aware of all that is sacred in all of life. Live in committed community that passionately loves Jesus above all else.


You are Above All, Jesus, I lift You UP!!! Amen

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.