Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Free to Repent

Yesterday you responded powerfully to the question: It's Just A Name. No, it is never just a name and especially when we are talking about Jesus Christ.

Loquacious Kay was short on words. That's a miracle in itself. But I was hushed by a move of God in my church that I still have no words to express. For over two decades the power in the name of Jesus has been making my life make sense. He saved me; and He keeps working salvation and deliverance in me. I have intentionally studied and pursued the meaning of His name. Specifically I have longed to understand what it means when I pray in His name.

Sunday my pastor humbly bowed and confessed to our huge church that he wanted to apologize if he had been consumed with the enormous administration needs of our ministry that he had not kept Jesus lifted up above all. If ever, he had not proclaimed the name of Jesus as God led him, he repented. There was no sermon, but oh his honest broken heart over Jesus and His name was beautiful and the worship lasted for hours. We all came back to our first love for the Lord....Jesus Christ.

I refrain from mentioning my denomination and church because Christians divide in tribes and I've found I'm a rare one. If Jesus Christ is lifted up as Lord of all I have no issues. But trust me, I am convinced we will be one in Heaven!!! So trust me, my church is experiencing a powerful and life changing move of God: revival!!!

Take heart if worship in your church is anemic. God has no favorites. The fact that He is powerfully moving in my pastor and all of us; He's moving all over this land.

Who is Jesus to you? What is the significance of His name to you?

Yesterday these comments came in:David Rupert said...
the name of Jesus has caused nations to divide, for men to tremble and for people to come together for good. That's Jesus. its not just a name! It's power!

Chatty Kelly said...
One day every knee will bow at the name of Jesus. Until then, we wait, praying for more and more to come to know him. I'm so glad I do.

Dorothy Champagne said...
There is strength in the name of the Lord. There is power in the name of the Lord. There is hope in the name of the Lord. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! - song by Sandi Patti.



St. Peter said,
'There is no other name ... by which we must be saved.'
Acts 4:12

Jesus....what do you say?




5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Dorothy's comment yesterday. That song is great.

I hate it wehn someone uses the name of Jesus as a swear word. That is so upsetting.

Jesus - the Nazarene. Who would have thought something so wonderful would come out of Nazareth?

God's girl said...

Kay this is great! I am so happy about your church. I have been praying this for mine for YEARS now. Lord please let your Spirit flow in power with the same Spirit of humility to ours. Lord forgive us for leaving our first love.

You are just so inspiring Kay!
Much love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! and Praises to your pastor for being so sold out for Jesus! Let us all become more bold and true to Jesus, the Name above all names. Oh How I love Him! Be blessed my friend. Robin

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

This post reminded me of how I just LOVE it when my little 3-year-old granddaughter breaks out singing "Jesus..Jesus..there's just something about that Name!" in her sweet little lisping voice. Powerful I can tell you!

Marilyn

sailorcross said...

Wow!! How awesome of your pastor!! He realized that he has been putting administration ahead of Jesus, and he confessed to all!! I can just imagine your worship service--filled with the Holy Spirit!!

Jesus--who is Jesus to me? He has saved me from a certain death--I'm not speaking of eternal life at this point. I'm speaking of death in my own living process. I was a walking dead person--no joy, no love, no hope, no faith or trust in anyone or anything.

And He has restored me, delivered me, saved me--yes, Jesus saved me from myself.

Beth

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.