Sunday, January 11, 2009

Starting & Finishing

"Starting is easy...finishing is hard." This is the framed quote over my work area. I love starting new things. I'm an innovative idea person with a fast start mentality full of enthusiasm, but I bore easily at keeping on with a project to completion. In my hobbies of knitting and crafting I have overcome this by starting several projects and moving from one to the next when the boredom creeps in. I've actually completed more projects than most people I know.


But...ummm.... in 2009 this a huge conjunction for me; But God has opened significant doors of opportunity for me to join Him in work that could be significant eternally in His Kingdom here on earth. I am so awed that I am humbly crying out to Him to move me beyond my "bent," my likes and preferences and prove me excellent in staying on task as Holy Spirit leads. I want to finish in ways that please Him.


You great finishers: got any tips or ideas?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Being "type A" I must finish projects or feel bad. But my husband is the master of 3/4 of every job! LOL!

I think this has to do with personality. It's just who you are. So just keep plugging along knowing that you probably do have more projects going than I do, but I will finish my 1 before you. At the end of the year, if I did 10 projects 1 at a time, and you did 10 projects spread out over the same time...does it matter?

Neither way may be better...just all parts equal in the body of Christ.

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.