Friday, January 23, 2009

Manifested Change

How has Jesus changed my life?

Everything that drove me to pursue life has been flipped. Before I exchanged my all for His all I lived to protect, exalt and promote me. The old line, "what about me?" was playing in my mind all the time while I wore a sweet, kind and benevolent mask to be sure I could garner everyone's acceptance. I walked around with big holes in my soul screaming to be filled.

Now, I live in the "knowing" that God loves me; always has loved me and He has "made me alive in Christ." I know I'm not worthy for such extravagant love and mercy but in Ephesians 2..." For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works that no one should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.".


I fellowship with God and I lean into Him to "hear" what pleases Him. When I sense what He has in mind for me to do I work with Him to complete it. I still love it when people are pleased with me, but that is not my driving force. My supreme question in all things is "Lord, does this please You?" When my call in life from God bothers some people, I pray mercifully for them. But I no longer try to prop up my self esteem by being a people pleaser.

Compassion and mercy for others fills me in such ways I am amazed. It is truly not of my nature. When God pours His mercy and compassion in my heart I feel more pain for others than I naturally would. But to be fully alive is worth whatever pain is involved. At my age many of my peers feel life is essentially finished and it's time to settle back in a rocking chair and remember yesteryear. I've never been more alive and excited about what's next.

My life is ordered according to what I see God doing as I pray, worship, meditate on the Bible, and hear the Word of God preached with power.


What has changed since Jesus became Lord of my life? Everything and I thank God that nothing is based on anything that used to ring my bell!!!

Jesus is my Everything.









1 comment:

Peggy said...

Praise God Kay!

This is awesome! I pray that I too may fully do what you have done!

I have little to boast about but much to be thankful for yet I need to know that I no longer strive to please people but like you, ask

LORD, Does THIS PLEASE YOU?

Truly this speaks to me! His compassion has become my compassion. I am not as merciful as I once was and that is a hardness setting in that I don't want.

How beautiful is your declaration that JESUS is EVERYTHING! Because that is what I see in your writings and even your comments.

I pray that my answer to the question "what has changed since Jesus became Lord in my life?" will one day be everything but I know that I am a work in progress and the Master is refining me so that I will be able declare that Truth. He is ALL to me but my life does not reflect that as much as I would like it. I think Beth told me I was a "cracked pot" and His light is shining through the cracks. I HOPE & pray. I know the stuff of my past is not how I came to shine but from my desire to no longer be concerned so much with pleasing men as much as pleasing God. I surrendered my control to Christ and ONLY HE reigns! May His Spirit flow through both of us. More of Him and less of us...ALIVE in Christ and dead to our old ways. Thanks for ALL your enlightening thoughts!

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.