Sunday, November 9, 2008

What do you value most?


How do you know what you value most?


I'm working on a business educational lunch and learn coming up in a few weeks. Putting myself into the shoes of entrepreneurs I realize when the economy has a downturn everyone evaluates every penny they spend to determine if the item/service has VALUE worthy of its cost. My advice to these business people will be to determine what their customer value proposition should be.

Let me throw this word VALUE to you Thrive Christian Blog readers. Have you figured out what you value most? The old adage, "Look in your checkbook and your datebook and see what has most of your money and time; and you will know what you value most."

As a Christian I know what I must do when it comes to what I value most: Matthew lays it out most clearly as he records Jesus' words in chapter 6 verse 33 :

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God,and His righteousness ..."

If you have a moment visit you tube to enjoy the song,"Seek Ye First"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbAtSP-CFQg


Ideas on value and your Christianity?





3 comments:

Dorothy Champagne said...

This is such a good reminder that we need to constantly check ourselves to see what we're placing our value on. I don't know that doing it by my checkbook would work, simply because with four kids - it's usually all food! But even by what our time is spent on each day - where are we spending all of our time? Is it in front of the TV? or the computer? (oops). And in comparison - are we spending any of that time with God? Thanks for the reminder and insight on how to check myself!

Kelly said...

The world puts value on material things. My truest and biggest value is that I am a child of God. And that is something that can NEVER be taken from me. Stock market may lose $$, jobs may be lost, even as a mother I could lose my children...but I will never lose the value of Child of God.

(and of course I pray I don't lose my children mroe than anything.)

sailorcross said...

Kay,

It has taken me a long time--so far I was from God for so long. Yet, I know now that I place my highest value on HIM, and only HIM.

"Things" may bring fleeting happiness, but never everlasting joy as Jesus does.

People, being just like us, will disappoint us, we can lose our trust in them.

Who can we trust? Only ONE--and that is God!!

I just checked my datebook--my checkbook doesn't have much except bill paying!! My datebook, however, is notated with service projects, events with my children, days I am to serve at church on various projects.

This gladdened me no end to see the proof of where I place my value!!

Thanks, Kay, for another great post. I'm a little behind in things, so I'm moving on to your next post.

Beth

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.