Monday, September 22, 2008

Listen IV: Listening Is The Greatest Gift We Offer

Listen and truly care about what and why I speak; and you have blessed me immeasurably.

I'm reading/listening to your comments on listening; and you have inspired me to commit to become the best listener I can be. You touched me with your honesty about planning your reply while someone is talking....your children have worn you down and you half listen to them most of the time...you are so into your "must do" list, you find it hard to tune in and truly hear when others are speaking.

I worked up some wordles from your comments: http://wordle.net/


Today my car died. There are some drastic procedures that would get it going, but it wouldn't be that safe. The mechanic is an old friend and he took out time to hear me...to listen to me about the new car I'm buying. I have memories in this car and I don't want to let it go...a little of my husband, etc. My friend, my mechanic, must have picked up on that...he quit everything to talk me through my dilemma. He even picked up on me wanting to keep my car going....without me going into the melancholy reasons for holding on. I end up this series as the one blessed by a busy man who shut everything down to hear a widow lament on what to do with a car breakdown. He spent the time to go over ever model I am curious about. I know why I want the one car I plan to buy...he even advised me to purchase in a town nearby for a better deal!!! I've been heard....and I listened to an expert and I walk into my first car purchase by myself with assurance and wisdom!!!

listen,

it

matters

2 comments:

Red Letter Believers said...

kay

I love what you wrote here.Listening to others means that "we aren't the experts!"

david

God's girl said...

Wow-what a great story. Yes, listening to really hear someones heart is so important.
Much love,
Angela

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.