Sunday, August 3, 2008

God MAKE Me to Hear



Rejoice! It's Sunday and we are absolutely free from any condemnation and shame. None of our sins can steal our joy and peace.

This week I came across this one verse in the well loved Psalm 51, "Make me to hear joy and gladness."

King David wrote this after he became convicted of the sin against God in his adulterous affair with Bathsheba.



Adultery always gets complicated with lies and cover-up manipulations. King David did horrible things in trying to preserve himself from shame, or harm.



From his true repentant heart, he cries out to God in this Psalm. Never before had I read these verbs so clearly in this song. He cries out to God to not only to forgive him, but he begs God to MAKE him to be able to hear the Lord's joy and Heaven's gladness. Oh, yes read this over slowly and wonder at the greatness of Jesus Christ on the cross for you and me.

"Make me to hear joy and gladness."
Psalm 51:8


Satan loves for us to remember our sins and heap on shame for anything real or imagined. I see too many Christians living with condemnation and shame. Either Jesus Christ paid it all or He didn't. I believe the Bible...I am the redeemed of the Lord. He paid it all and I will thrive; not because I'm great. No, I will thrive because I have died to self and I live in Christ.



Rejoice and celebrate this wonderful Sabbath in Christ. If you can't, call out to God like King David and ask God to MAKE you hear the sounds of Heaven here on earth: joy and gladness.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

"Either Jesus Christ paid it all or He didn't."

I love that! That is such a powerful statement. It is a truth I know and yet, in the day to day, I so often live my life as if I don't believe it for myself..or at least act like I've forgotten!

This is a beautiful reminder of how we can all still experience His joy and gladness. Thank you!

And thank you for coming by my blog. It is so wonderful to meet other Christian women.

I am truly sorry for the loss of your husband. I can see from your writings that you are someone who will cling to the Lord and seek your comfort from Him. I cannot imagine trying to make it through such a loss without Him. May His love carry you and bring you peace.

Blessings,
Kimberly

KKJD1 said...

Thanks for come by to visit my blog.I love when new people come by and visit, I hope you will come back soon. I really love your post about confluence. The questions are questions we need to not only ask ourselves today but keep them close and ask often.
Blessings,Karen

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.