Saturday, August 16, 2008

Arise My Soul Even When Dark Clouds Hover

Thank You, God, Your Light Always
Shines!!!

This has been an amazing week. Words don't give justice to what I experienced of God's presence on Sunday, but I gave my best description of the wonderful revival in the women's prison on Monday's post.
Most of this week I had to tackle some of my hardest tasks in handling the financial affairs regarding my husband's death.

The tough stuff: working with the financial planner and approximating my death. Deciding how to process how there can be an inheritance for my children and see to all the what-if's of my years left. Clouds....yet, this is the time I pray for my soul to arise. Life is made up of bright sunny days; and days with dark clouds. This picture speaks to me. Yes, I'm aware there is a cloud....but I see the Light. When I see the Light; I am o.k. In the meantime these song lyrics fit my heart song.

Arise, my soul, arise; shake off thy guilty fears;

The bleeding sacrifice in my behalf appears:

Before the throne my surety stands,
Before the throne my surety stands,
My name is written on His hands.

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.