Saturday, June 14, 2008

You Gotta Have Heart

"In the end, it doesn't matter how well we have performed or what we have accomplished...a life without heart is not worth living." Brent Curtis and John Eldridge

These authors have nailed it! You gotta' have heart or you're just going through the motions of living. Dragging through life waiting for something in the far away future is not thriving.

Passionately embracing life was not possible for me daily until I was filled with Christ's love. Knowing my value is in Him and He loves me forever has blown away the fog of trying to measure up to others' expectations, and my perfectionistic unachievable standards. When I am asked about my faith I always emphasize the vibrancy Christ has brought into all areas of my life.

Now is the most important moment in my life. Old Kay would put off living "until." No more. Life doesn't begin later, this is it. I choose to dive in wholeheartedly. Perspective and expectation have much to do with what happens in my life. My circumstances can affect me; but they cannot hold me, because I am in Christ.

"It's strange the way we meander through life, thinking we are moving forward, only to discover that we have left our hearts behind," Paula Rinehart, author of Strong Women, Soft Hearts.

Thriving is directly connected to how much you live with all your heart.

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.