Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I need a quiet place


Found this wonderful picture "Warning No Easy-Listening Music," and realized I tire of hearing music in every elevator, grocery store, and mall. Sometimes I need some quiet to keep my thoughts straight. When I saw this picture I yearned not to hear "that music" while waiting endlessly on hold while the customer service does "whatever." I have to watch my skeptical mind. I wait for what feels like hours, imagining that they put me on hold and remembered to join their best friend for lunch and it will be hours before they realize I'm listening to "that music." You know you're in trouble when a song is repeated. But I hesitate on hanging up and replacing the call. I get so frustrated with their recorded message, "listen to the menu and press the correct key for your needs," and then I get bored and finally my need comes up and my brain has dulled. I am screaming in my mind, "Was it 3 or 4?" I dare to press 3 and it is my department. So, hanging up and going through all that is sometimes worse than waiting for them to finally come back to me. But "that music" gets to me more than aging while I wait.

No comments:

© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.