Friday, January 15, 2010

Fussy?

Oswald Chambers' daily devotion gets me where I need "getting."

Yesterday I was all into "my" stuff in my head. As I read the day's wisdom nugget I felt the pinch of conviction. Chambers wrote that whatever initiates a believer to abandon their self efforts will eventually drive them to a time alone with God; ready to hear Him.

Chamber's word for "stuff" was fussy things. Yes, again, Chambers nailed me. Today I rest in God being all He says He is in His Word. I trust Him. My life of possible worries...fussy man-created chaos...will not steal my joy and strength.

Away with the fussy! On with what truly matters forever.

In God I trust.

3 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Kay, your post today made me feel that "pinch of conviction" also! Many things going on with me too right now. One of my sisters passed away yesterday morning from cancer. My step-mom passed away just two months ago. Have to be at dentist early in the morning to start work on a crown and have to take anti-anxiety med before I go so my blood pressure won't be too high. And just knowing I have to take the medicine has me even MORE anxious! ha Other things also that are too trivial to mention.

You have made me stop and think about this statement..."rest in God being all He says He is in His Word". Kay, please pray that I can rest in knowing this!

Love you so much!

Marilyn

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Hey Kay,

Just popping in! Hope you've gotten rid of your fuzzies! I'm working on mine too!!! :-)

真心 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
© 2008 Kay Martin

Thrive In Christ

Who I Am In Christ by Neil Anderson

For several months we will center on this book to pursue Thriving in our Christian journey.

Neil challenges us with: "Do you know who you are in God's eyes? We are no longer products of our past. We are primarily products of Christ's work on the cross. Who we are determines what we do.

You are not who you are in Christ because of the things you have done, you are in Christ because of what He has done. He died and rose again so that you and I could live in the FREEDOM of His love."

That's just the introduction. More to follow.